Organizing your monthly bills into a spreadsheet requires just a few columns. It’s easy to set up a template that you can save, then re-use each month as you pay your bills. Doing so can help you keep a close eye on your spending and track your finances.
Do you have a template for tracking monthly bills in a spreadsheet?
This template features the following columns:
- A description of the bill, for example “Cable Television”.
- Date Recvd.
- The date you received the bill.
- Date Due
- The date payment is due.
- Amt. Due
- The amount that is due.
- Amt. Paid
- The amount of payment you sent.
- Date Paid
- The date on which you sent payment.
- The amount of the account’s balance, if any.
The following totals appear at the bottom of the spreadsheet, and automatically update themselves as you enter amounts in their respective columns.
- Total Due
- The total amount due for all bills.
- Total Paid
- The total amount of payments you have made.
- Total Balance
- The total balance remaining on your accounts.
Here’s a screenshot of the spreadsheet filled out with some sample data. As you can see everything is neatly arranged to fit one page, and the totals appear at the bottom.
And here’s that download link once more: