Ark: Survival Evolved is a game that has been around for quite some time. It was originally released on Linux, Windows, macOS, Xbox One, and Playstation 4 in 2017 and after that for Android, IOS, and Nintendo Switch in 2018. It is a survival game that brings players to an island filled with dinosaurs and other hazards.
One question many people have is "is Ark cross-platform in 2022?" This article will discuss whether or not Ark: Survival Evolved can be played with friends on different platforms. So, get ready to find out the answer!
Cross-Platform means that players are able to connect and play the game together on different devices. For example, if your friend plays on a PC and you play on an Xbox One, then both of you should be able to play together.
- Ark: Survival Evolved - A Quick Introduction
- Is Ark: Survival Evolved Cross-Platform in 2022?
- Is Ark Cross-Platform Android and iOS?
- Is Ark Cross-Platform Xbox One and PC?
- Is Ark Cross-Platform Xbox and PS4?
- Is Ark Cross-Platform PS4/PS5 and PC?
- Is Ark Cross-Platform Xbox and Mobile?
- Is Ark Cross-Platform PS5 and Mobile?
- Is Ark Cross-Platform PS4 and Nintendo Switch?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Is Ark cross-platform for all platforms?
- 2. What if I want to play Ark on PS4/PS5 and PC?
- 3. Will Ark be cross-platform in 2022?
- 4. Will I have an advantage if I play on PC and somebody else plays on Xbox?
- 5. How many Ark servers are there?
- 6. I'm from Europe, can I play with people from other parts of the world?
- 7. What if I want to play Ark with my friend who has a different platform?
- 8. Can I play Ark on my phone?
- 9. I don't want to buy Ark for two platforms. Is there any other way?
- 11. Why do players want Ark to be cross-platform?
- 12. If a game is cross-platform, does it mean that it is cross-progression?
Ark: Survival Evolved - A Quick Introduction
Ark: Survival Evolved is a massively multiplayer survival game where the player must survive in the world by crafting weapons to defend against dangerous dinosaurs and other players. The game features many different types of environments, from deserts to jungles.
There are currently 176 types of dinosaurs and over 100 types of weapons in the game. The player can explore anywhere on a map, which is 50 km by 50 km large (about 30 miles across) while fighting against hunger, thirst, weather effects such as sandstorms or heavy rainfalls, injuries from animals, and other players.
The world includes caves to go spelunking into that may hold valuable resources like metal ore for forging armor and blades out of stone. These dangerous caverns are home to some aggressive creatures, including giant spiders with web-shooting abilities called Araneo's, among others.
The craze for this game has caused it to skyrocket in popularity, and the developers have added additional servers for players from all over the world. That's why the question arises, is Ark cross-platform?. Many players want to play with their friends on different gaming platforms.
Also Useful: Cool ARK Tribe Names (2022)
Is Ark: Survival Evolved Cross-Platform in 2022?
Yes, Ark is cross-platform compatible but it is not cross-platform for all the platforms. Ark is only cross-platform for iOS and Android players or Xbox and PC players. It's not compatible with consoles like Playstation or Xbox One because of the restrictions of each console.
There are many benefits of cross-platform play, including:
- One of the most significant advantages is that it helps to save on resources for a developer because they don't have to make separate builds for their game in order to support multiple platforms and consoles (which can be expensive).
- The gameplay experience is also improved because the player count on each server is increased.
- It's easier to get new players and retain existing ones because more people can play with them.
- Existing users of multiple platforms may start playing a game they were not playing before if it supports cross-platforming, which benefits the developer by getting more players.
- It also reduces development time, which means fans are more likely to see new updates sooner than with games that focus on only one platform or console. This is why most of the gamers want Ark Survival Evolved to be cross-platform so that they can play with other players on different platforms without being at a disadvantage.
To get more information about what type of platforms Ark is cross-platform on, keep reading.
Is Ark Cross-Platform Android and iOS?
Yes, Ark Survival is cross-platform for iOS and Android devices. This means that you can play on Android and then switch to iOS or vice versa. If your friend is playing on their Android device, you can also switch to your iOS device and still play with them.
This news comes as a relief for all of those who have an Android device and want to play with their friends on iOS or vice versa.
Is Ark Cross-Platform Xbox One and PC?
Yes, Ark Survival Evolved is cross-platform for the Xbox One and Windows 10 PC versions. This means that Xbox One and Windows 10 PC players can play with each other.
Also Related: Is Stardew Valley Cross-Platform in 2022?
Is Ark Cross-Platform Xbox and PS4?
No, Ark: Survival Evolved is not a cross-platform game between consoles - meaning it does not work across platforms like Playstation or Xbox gaming systems. If you wish to play Ark: Survival Evolved across consoles, you need to buy the game for the console you want to play on.
Is Ark Cross-Platform PS4/PS5 and PC?
No, till now, there is no announcement of Ark being a cross-platform game for PlayStation (PS4, PS5) and PC. This means that if your goal is to be able to play Ark on PS and PC, you need to buy the game for both platforms.
Is Ark Cross-Platform Xbox and Mobile?
No, Ark is not cross-platform between Xbox and Mobile. This is because Xbox is a console that runs on Windows, while mobile devices are handheld and run on Android.
There are no plans for Ark to be cross-platform Xbox and Mobile because it would require significant restructuring of the base code at this time.
Is Ark Cross-Platform PS5 and Mobile?
No, Ark is not cross-platform PS5 and Mobile. This is because the PlayStation Network (PSN) uses a different version of PHP than Android devices.
Also Check: Is Rainbow Six Siege Cross-Platform in 2022?
Is Ark Cross-Platform PS4 and Nintendo Switch?
The answer to this question is "NO." Ark is not cross-platform between PS4 and Nintendo Switch because Sony and Nintendo are competitors, and the two console manufacturers have different architectures. Also, Ark Is not cross-platform for Xbox One and Switch.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Ark cross-platform for all platforms?
No, Ark is only cross-platform for iOS and Android players or Xbox and Windows PC. This means that in order to play Ark on the Xbox, Playstation, or Nintendo Switch, you need to buy it for that platform.
2. What if I want to play Ark on PS4/PS5 and PC?
If you want to play Ark on PlayStation, Xbox, or Nintendo Switch devices, then the answer is no. You need to buy it for both platforms in order to do so.
3. Will Ark be cross-platform in 2022?
It will depend on the developers of the game. Some may choose to make it cross-platform while others may not. The possibility is there though, which means that you should definitely try out Ark because you never know if they decide to go for that option or not.
4. Will I have an advantage if I play on PC and somebody else plays on Xbox?
No, you will not have an advantage. Ark is a multiplayer game so all players play by the same rules and they can't gain an unfair advantage over other players in any way.
5. How many Ark servers are there?
There are hundreds of servers, so you should be able to easily find one that works for you.
6. I'm from Europe, can I play with people from other parts of the world?
Yes, you can. There are servers for different parts of the world, so you can easily find one that works for you.
7. What if I want to play Ark with my friend who has a different platform?
If you want to play with your friend who has a different platform, then you need to buy Ark for both platforms. This way, you can play together on the same server without any problems.
8. Can I play Ark on my phone?
Yes, you can play Ark on your phone. The game is available for both iOS and Android devices.
9. I don't want to buy Ark for two platforms. Is there any other way?
Unfortunately, no. In order to play with someone who has a different platform, you need to buy Ark for both platforms.
11. Why do players want Ark to be cross-platform?
Players want Ark to be cross-platform because it would improve the gameplay experience for everyone. It would also make it easier to get new players and retain existing ones.
12. If a game is cross-platform, does it mean that it is cross-progression?
No, cross-platform and cross-progression are two different things. Cross-platform means that you can play with people who have a different platform. Cross-progression means that you can transfer your progress from one platform to another.
Check More: Is Overwatch Cross-Platform in 2022?
Ark is cross-platform for iOS and Android, Xbox One, and Windows PC. Ark: Survival Evolved does not currently cross-platform for any other platforms. We hope this was helpful to those who are curious about "Is Ark cross-platform in 2022?" This article will be updated with new information as it becomes available. So, stay tuned.
Thanks for reading this blog post. we hope that you found it helpful, and if you have any questions, please feel about leaving them in the comments below.