How to allocate more RAM to Minecraft server? Or What are the launchers to allocate more RAM to Minecraft? Or can we allocate more RAM to Minecraft server without using Launcher? If you are here for any query about how to allocate more RAM to Minecraft 2020, then you don’t need to go anywhere, as today in this article, I will guide you many ways through which you can allocate more RAM to Minecraft server quickly.
Minecraft is one of the most popular games for today’s generation, and the main reason for its popularity is that you can access this game on any platform including android, IOS, MAC OS, Windows, and Linux. Minecraft’s popularity can be seen by going through its stats as in 2020 there are overall 126 million monthly active users with 200 million copies sold across the world.
As Minecraft is a massive game, it takes 1GB of RAM by default and to play the game with a better experience, you can also allocate more RAM to Minecraft. It became an issue nowadays as most users don’t know how to allocate more RAM to Minecraft.
From the last few days, I got many queries about how to allocate more RAM to Minecraft server, and after deep research, I made a beneficial article for you. Now, let’s engage into our topic to allocate more RAM to Minecraft quickly.
- What is a Minecraft Server?
- How to Allocate More RAM to Minecraft Server Without Launcher?
- How to Allocate More RAM to Minecraft Server With Default Launcher?
- How to Allocate More RAM to Minecraft Server With Twitch Desktop App?
- How to Allocate More RAM to Minecraft Server Using Launchers?
What is a Minecraft Server?
Minecraft server can be defined as multiplayer mode, available on the Minecraft in which you can play or interact with other players. There are two ways for this one is through online and the other one is through LAN. A Minecraft server is a player-owned or business-owned multiplayer game in which operator can set up some restrictions by concerning which username or IP addresses are allowed or disallowed to enter the server.
Also Useful: Cool Minecraft Names 2020 (Not Taken)
How to Allocate More RAM to Minecraft Server Without Launcher?
Many users have a question that can we allocate more RAM to Minecraft server without using Launcher? So, the answer to this question is yes, and in this section, I will guide you about that.
Now, please read all the steps given below and follow them carefully:
- Go to the file named Minecraft_server.exe present in the Minecraft service directory on your computer.
- Click on home and select a new item.
- Now, create a new document in the directory and choose the text document.
- In the new document type the given text: Java-Xmx####M-Xms####M-exe Minecraft_server.exe-o true Pause
- Now, replace the #### with the amount of RAM you want in MB.
- After putting the RAM value, save the document, and change the file type to All Files, also change the extension as .bat
- Now the document got saved, and the new Launcher is made. To run it you just have to double click on it.
Now, this is how you can allocate more RAM to Minecraft server without using any Launcher, and all the steps given above are simple and hardly takes 1 minute to finish.
How to Allocate More RAM to Minecraft Server With Default Launcher?
By default, you can allocate more RAM by using Java, and for this, you should have the latest Java version. While downloading the latest Java version, make sure to choose the right Bit for your computer (32 Bit and 64 Bit). After downloading the Java follow the steps given below to allocate more RAM to Minecraft server:
- Open your Minecraft app and go to the Installation tab.
- After this, you have to select the version and after choosing a version, click on the three Dotted buttons and select the “Edit” option.
- Now, open the dropdown menu and search for “JVW ARGUMENTS” and then there will be something written like “-Xmz2G-XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions“.
- In the letter -Xmz2 the 2 represents the allocated RAM in GB.
- Now, you can change the value by replacing the digit with any other digit which you want as if you wish to allocate 3 GB RAM then change 2 TO 3.
While changing the value of RAM, be sure that your computer can provide that to the Minecraft.
How to Allocate More RAM to Minecraft Server With Twitch Desktop App?
Allocating more RAM to the Minecraft server is not a difficult task as you can do this by using the Twitch Desktop app, and some users don’t know how to do it. For those in this section, I will guide you to allocate more RAM to Minecraft server using Twitch Desktop app in some simple steps.
The steps are given on how to allocate more RAM to Minecraft server with Twitch desktop app:
- After installing the twitch app, open it and click on the three-line option present on the top of the screen on the left side.
- Select the file and click on settings.
- Search for the Minecraft tab and go to Java Settings.
- After selecting Java settings, you will see the Allocated memory bar.
- To change your allocated RAM, you just have to drag the bar.
How to Allocate More RAM to Minecraft Server Using Launchers?
There are many launchers available on google, and I choose four from them which are best and most popular, and you will also like those launchers as you can use them very easily as there is a simple user interface.
Now, you can download any of the given launchers and follow the steps according to that vary launcher.
1. Void Launcher
- Open Void Launcher and click on the options present on the top of the screen on the right side.
- Search for Minecraft Options and click on the memory dropdown.
- Change the allocated RAM according to your desire.
- After changing the allocated RAM, launch your game and experience the best of it.
2. AT Launcher
- After the successful install, open AT Launcher app.
- Go to the settings present on the bottom on the right side.
- Navigate to the Minecraft tab, and after choosing Minecraft, you need to locate RAM.
- Now, change the allocated RAM as your desire.
- After changing the allocated RAM, launch the Minecraft and play the game with the best experience.
- Open Technic app after installing it.
- On the top right corner click launcher Options.
- Now, go to java settings and find memory.
- In the memory dropdown, you can change the RAM as per your desired value.
4. FTB Launcher
- Open the FTB launcher.
- Click on the Options button present on the top right.
- After this, search for “RAM Maximum (MB)“
- Now, drag the bar and adjust RAM to your desired value.
Also Useful: How to Fix Twitch Error 5000: Content Not Available
I know you want to play your favorite game with the best experience and for this, you have to change your allocated RAM.
I hope that I got success in helping you on how to allocate more RAM to Minecraft server and you also got success in increasing your allocated RAM by following the steps suggested above.