What is “3000: media resource decoding error”? and why I am seeing this while streaming live on Twitch? Is this Twitch error code 3000? and if yes then, how to Fix twitch error 3000?
Too many questions are with you but don’t worry, as after reading this full article, all the questions will get their answers. You just need to relax and sit back and follow the steps properly as guided.
If you love to stream then Twitch is the best platform for you as it offers you free streaming. Twitch was introduced by Justin Kan and Emmett Shear in the year 2011. To watch the live streaming, you don’t need to register there as it allows you to watch without registration. Twitch offers you live video game streaming, broadcasts of esports competitions, and music competitions as well, creative content, and “in real life” streams. In the year 2013, twitch recorded its highest visitors as it had 45 million unique visitors and in 2014, twitch becomes the 4th largest source to peak internet traffic. After its success, Amazon purchased twitch by giving an offer of $970 million.
There is no doubt that Twitch is the best for streaming, but as we all know, in this universe nothing is perfect, as Twitch also have many issues and from the last few days, twitch users getting message text as “Error while decoding media resources”- Twitch error 3000 while streaming. If you are also one from them, then don’t worry as I have researched for this and found that it is not a big issue, and you can deal with this easily and quickly.
What is Twitch Error 3000?
While streaming if your window gets a message texted as “Error while decoding media resources” then it is Twitch error 3000. The error is related to the Video encoding system of HTML 5 and other web modules.
Also Related: Twitch Error 2000: Network Error [Fix]
Why Twitch Error 3000 Happens (Reasons)
From the last few days, I got many queries that, why I am seeing Twitch error code 3000 while streaming over twitch. After that from deep research, I found 3 major reasons for this error and because of which you are seeing “Error while decoding media resources” and those 3 reasons are listed below:
- The first and the main reason is that this Twitch error 3000 occurs when HTML 5 player don’t respond properly and while streaming HTML 5 is not producing correct output.
- The cache and bad cookies also become the major reason for this error.
- The last reason is that your website may use HTML 5 or flash which your browser can’t support.
Now, all the reasons are clear to you and for fixing these, follow the methods given in the next section.
Note: Before going to follow the steps, I ensure you to save your work because you have to restart your system in some steps.
Also Useful: How to Fix ESO Error 307: Booted from Server
How to Fix Twitch Error 3000?
Fixing error code 3000 Twitch, is not a big deal but if it’s you are going to solve the error first time, then you should follow the steps carefully.
For Fixing “Error while decoding media resources”- Twitch error 3000, there are a total of 4 solutions and they are listed below. Now follow the steps carefully and as guided:
1. Clearing Cache and Cookies
As discussed earlier that Cache and bad cookies can be the reason for twitch error 3000, so you should clear your cache and cookies from time to time as sometimes they can create bugs and conflicts. If you know the methods of clearing cache and cookies then do it, otherwise you can follow the steps given below:
- Go to your browser which you use for streaming on Twitch. ( I always prefer you to make Google Chrome as default browser as it is the best browser.)
- After, opening the browser, click on Three doted options present on your right side.
- Now, Go to clear browsing data after clicking on more tools.
- After that, a window opens in front of you, and you have to choose “All time” from the drop-down menu.
- Now, click on the Clear option.
- After clearing Browsing data, you have to restart your system.
Now, after restarting, re-launch the Twitch website and check whether the error has been fixed or not. As, if it gets fixed then it’s good otherwise you can try the other 3 methods.
2. Turning Off Hardware Acceleration
Many times, the problem is within your system and if you have enabled hardware acceleration, then you might face the issue. Because hardware acceleration means that your system use system hardware instead of application or software to do function effectively, and if there is anything corrupt in your system then, you will surely face Twitch error 3000. Now, if you also enabled hardware acceleration, then turn it off by following the steps given below:
- Open Your default browser.
- Click on three dotted option present on your right side and go to settings.
- Now, go to advanced tab.
- Now, under the system, there will be an option “Use Hardware Acceleration when available”, you have to uncheck it.
- Now, close the browser and start it again and open twitch.
If your issue gets fixed, then it’s fine and if you are getting the issue again, then don’t worry as there are two more solutions available.
3. Enable Third-Party Cookies
If you haven’t enabled third-party cookies, then you might get an error due to this, as sometimes for a better experience your browser blocks you from some websites and might be Twitch is one of them. Now, to enable third-party cookies, follow the steps given below:
- Open your browser and go to Twitch and tap where you get the error.
- After that click on the cookies tab and select “Always Allow (Website URL)“
- Now, click on the Done option to implement it.
Now, re-launch your browser and check whether issue of error 3000 Twitch is fixed or not.
Also Check: Roblox Arsenal Codes (2020)
4. Change Your Stream Player
Now, if the issue still not fixed, then to get rid of it, change your stream player, available in the player setting tab. As may be your browser can’t support HTML 5, so disable it and choose another player.
Also, if you have other browsers available such as Opera or Firefox, then you can also try to launch Twitch there, as maybe the problem is with your default browser.
Nowadays the craze of twitch is getting increased day by day, but the users get hurt when they see an error like twitch error 3000, and for those I made this article. I hope that you read the full article with proper concentration and properly followed the steps given above and your Twitch error code 3000 got fixed.
Always keep smiling and happy streaming!